End of the World

Do you believe the Mayans' calendar that the world "as we know it" will end on December 21, 2012? Have you lived your life differently based on your Mayan belief (or non-belief)? Discuss.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

12/01/2012 :: day 11

Posted by Ortigas Mommy at 11:35 PM
remember, remember, the first day of december! ;-)

yesiree!! after 11 months of plodding through 2012, we're finally in the Christmas zone! <happy jig> ^__^ the day didn't start great though as I only had 4 hours of sleep (was reading a new book, Shadowfires by Dean Koontz) when hubby arrived from work o.O I ate breakfast with him ~ leftover pizzas from a food market and from Piadina, and since I was still very groggy, I went back to sleep. woke up by 9am and the kids were playing with my parents. yay for grandparents! truly they are heaven-sent to sleep-deprived parents ;-) spent the morning playing with the kids and cooking lunch (glass noodles with fresh Shitake mushrooms and organic broccoli). our lil baby had her first taste of broccoli on her own and I think she loved it coz she finished one flowerette. would have given her more but I was scared she might get gassy.

blight of the day: the kids refused their afternoon naps! my mom and I spent more than an hour of putting both the baby and the toddler to sleep before they finally succumbed. of course there were lots of tears, threats, and what-nots <sigh> motherhood is stressful! at least they slept quite long so I had time to surf the Internet / blog / edit photos :) yeah, I had a stressful early afternoon but my late afternoon went fine, and my early evening was great as our toddler kept saying "thank you / love you mommy" to me coz I gave her a (used) food container that she can use while play cooking. my heart just melted over and over again <3 <3 <3 kids are very easily impressed noh? and mommies are very easily touched! so I guess it goes without saying that this is the highlight of my day ;-)

the november box of BDJBox is out, and I'm thinking of getting one coz I love what's inside! but I'm kinda thinking of waiting to see what's inside GlamourBox. this time, I can't buy both boxes as it will be too expensive already. important to-do: finalize Christmas gift list and begin shopping! at least we have 1 affordable place to go to for buying gifts as my parents went there yesterday and today (my mom bought uber cute dresses for the kids!). most clothes go for $3 to $6 and these are brand-new and of good quality! we will go there tomorrow and hopefully our Christmas shopping will be done with just a lil dent on our wallets <cross fingers> scary news of the day: North Korea plans to launch missiles (yet again) this december. don't know what's up with Asia's Communist countries these days.. they're on the news 24/7!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

{ 30 Days to Oblivion } Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei